17 February 2009

Evangelicalism?

Contemporary Theology always makes for an interesting Tuesday morning. Today we discussed Evangelicalism and its relationship to Fundamentalism in America. As the class ended, we the students tried to deal with the question, "What am I?" Here are some important aspects of the consideration:
  1. Does it matter what I am called?
  2. If it does, should I be in either of these camps?
  3. If I am neither Fundy nor Evangelicalisticist, what am I?
  4. What is the historical context of the question?
  5. How do the camps differ theologically?
  6. How do the camps differ culturally?
  7. How does my choice of a camp affect my continued ministry?

We discussed some different names. Jake said he'd create the Modern Moravian Mission Movement, but thought that the four Ms might appear too cultic. Otherwise, I am game.

What do you think?

No comments:

Blog Sojournings